This qualification specification is designed to outline all you need to know to offer this qualification at your centre.
|Guided Learning Hours||Minimum Contact Time||Course Price|
|Guided Learning Hours: 6 (inc exam) hours||Minimum Contact Time: N/A hours||Course Price: £TBC|
Learning and Assessment--
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are the hours that a student needs to be engaged in learning. This includes time spent in independent study, but does not include assessment.
This course requires 6 hours of Guided Learning.
The method of assessment is an end of course exam carried out under invigilation guidelines. The examination consists of 20 multiple-choice questions that must be completed within 30 minutes.
To gain a certificate, candidates must demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a pass of 13/20 (67%).
You must be able to provide sufficient ID to be assessed. Examples include:
- Valid passport
- Signed UK photo card driving licence
- Valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police, employee ID card, student ID card, travel card.
All assessment will be conducted in the medium of English. You must have sufficient language skills before being assessed. You should have language skills equivalent to:
- A B1 Level Qualification
- An ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- A functional skills Level 1 in English and Maths.
The qualification is valid for 3 years. After that, it is recommended that you re-sit the course.