This qualification specification is designed to outline all you need to know in order to offer this qualification at your centre.
|Guided Learning Hours||Minimum Contact Time||Course Price|
|Guided Learning Hours: 4 hours||Minimum Contact Time: N/A hours||Course Price: £TBC|
Learning and Assessment--
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are the hours that a student needs to be engaged in learning. This includes time spent in independent study, but does not include assessment.
The method of assessment is an end of course exam carried out under invigilation guidelines. The examination consists of 15 multiple-choice questions that must be completed within 30 minutes.
To gain certification, candidates must demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a mark of 10/15 (67%).
You must be able to provide sufficient ID. Examples include:
- Valid passport
- Signed UK photo card driving licence
- Valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces or Police, employee ID card, student ID card, travel card.
All assessment will be conducted in the medium of English. You must have sufficient language skills before being assessed. You should have language skills equivalent to:
- A B1 Level Qualification
- An ESOL qualification at Level 1 on the Ofqual register, taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- A functional skills Level 1 in English and Maths.
The qualification is valid for 3 years. After that, it is recommended that you re-sit the course.